A corporation providing reliable electricity to residential and commercial customers throughout the region.
An internal audit of five of the Electricity providers depots identified process inefficiencies relating to inspections, and testing and tagging of operational assets due to:
- Lack of a management system
- No streamlined processes
- Manual workflows
This led to a human resource inefficiency, costing time, money and data integrity.
Business outcomes at a glance:
A number of key Risk Reduction results and Productivity Gains were achieved through the implementation and integration of PATorganiser into managing their operational assets:
- Asset risk management and adherence to Australian legislative and regulatory compliance
- Advanced compliance reporting aligned to Australian test and tagging industry standard AS/NZS 3760
- Streamlined asset compliance procedures and adherence to internal procurement and operational standards
- Provide a single data repository across all sites for internal business functions
- Consolidate various external contractor records and move ownership of data to the electricity provider
- Enhance scheduling of asset inspections, improving employee productivity by 20-25%
To improve process effectiveness, management reporting and legislative compliance, it was recommended, based on the key findings of the audit, that the electricity provider should implement an online compliance register to consolidate all operational testing, tagging and inspection records.
PATorganiser was identified by the ICT planning and architecture team as the chosen single source of truth for inspection records.